Tuesday 6 May 2008

Finally Afloat


Old Photo, BTW

Well, the news is good. I got a call on Friday. She's finally in the water. They had a trial run on Wednesday, but there was a problem with a seacock. It was changed out, and as I spoke with them, they were coming into Huntington after a trial engine run. A really starring effort from Dan, mostly on his own. Luckily Shelton is there to work on the boat as well now. Considering she hasn't been afloat for three years, and has been re-engined and "modified", this is no small feat.
Now we need to make a cruising yacht into a bluewater. The watermaker is in, I think the watertank is still there, but needs to come out, or we foam it up. We have decent instruments, a sextant & tables
I've been scaring myself rigid reading "The Storm Tactics Handbook" and "AN140, the Atlantic Routes From North America".
I think a certain amount of concern in these matters is a good thing. If we foul up, it won't be from lack of research beforehand

No comments: